Friday, February 18, 2011

The best news ever!!

So.. I'll start with a little background. My husband and I were both born and raised in the Vancouver, Washington area. We met there, dated there, got married there. Both of our entire families live there and all of our friends.

Right after we got engaged Adam took a job with the federal government as a Highway Safety Engineer. The job he took was a training job that required he move to Springfield, IL. This job also required he moved and traveled to lots of different places across the US.

When he took the job it was a 2 year training and he was planning to quit after the 2 years and move back home. This never happened lol, the money he was making was too good for him to go back to his old job and the only way he could possibly make that much was to work for a consultant, which means longer hours for just as much or less money. During his job he has been to probably over half of the US and I too have gotten to go with him on numerous trips to different states, which was lots of fun. It got to the point when staying in our own bed was a treat lol.

He flew back to WA and we got married after almost a year long engagement and long distance relationship (very hard to plan a wedding without the man you're marrying.. especially when he's paying for it all lol).

When I married him, I said goodbye to all of my family, all of my friends and everything I ever knew. It was just me and him. Nice, but lonely at times.

Over the next 2 years we flew home for holidays only and racked up quite the frequent flyer miles lol. Its hard to go home for a week at a time with at least 6 months in between and split that 1 week between 2 huge families and a ton of friends that might as well be family.

Then Adam got a job in WY.. I happened to be pregnant with Jayden and got put on bedrest. While Adam had to move to WY, I had to stay in WA... Its extremely hard to be pregnant and without a husband :( I know I am not the only one to ever experience this so Im not complaining lol. It was a very complicated pregnancy and Adam came home at least once a month to see me.

After we had Jayden we ended up feeling that she needed family so we flew home once a month to visit and Jayden just now being a little over 13 months old has flew on a plane over 20 times easy.

SO all this ranting just to let you all know why this news is so big.. Today.. Adam got a job at home! In the very town we met.. Vancouver. And.. its still with the Feds.. so we are very very excited. We won't know when we get to move until March but this is the greatest news we could have ever hoped for!

Honestly I never thought we'd get to move home.. I never thought Id be living in Vancouver again. But its finally happening. And our families are going to be overjoyed as are my friends. We are so blessed to have this oppertunity to move home.

So on that note.. that means I probably won't be crafting for a long time once we do finally get word of moving.. since all of my stuff will be packed up for who knows how long.. so you might not see too many posts from me after we move for awhile. But it is sooooooooooooooo worth it!! :D

Thank you for letting me share my excitement with you all!! :D

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!!

10 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING news...so happy for you! I have been there also...born and raised in NY and then my husband took a job in KY. With 2 boys, moving away from everything they knew was VERY hard not only on them but me and my husband as well. They didn't like being away from their friends and our families so when we got news we could come back...there was no hesitation!
    Welcome Home :)
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww congratulations... Always feels soooo good to get to move closer to ones family. I was missing mine like crazy when i wasn't living close enough to go home for a quick visit. Now i finally live an hour away and i am sooo loving it.

    Hugs from Lilli =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy for you!! how fantastic! Im in Washington too, and my family is from the Vancouver area as well, - battleground actually..(I love hitting the outlet mall on my way down) Glad you finally get to come home!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I know you are loving that news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We were military and stationed in Michigan when I had my girls..it felt so good when we were finally able to get home to Florida and be near to family. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news for you and your family! This is what you've wanted, I believe from reading your blog, so all the best to you and your husband in your move back to home sweet home. That's really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy news! So glad you are able to be back with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news!! We live 1000 miles from our families, so I understand your excitement.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Jamie! I love hearing good news! Makes me happy inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratrulations on your great news, thanks for sharing your story, best wishes on your move.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!